- Spectator Info
- About SHT
New this year! Experience the excitement of Cross-Country on Saturday (July 11) from your own tailgate spot along the course! Tailgating passes are $75 and include:
- 6 adult admission tickets (Children 12 and younger get in free.)
- One reserved parking space near the Cross-Country Course on Saturday only.
Reserve your tailgating spot online here or call the ticket office: (859) 254-8123.
Rules for Tailgating
- Four-wheel drive vehicles strongly recommended! (There’s a steep hill to drive up and down to get to your spot.)
- ONLY PLAIN TENTS are allowed. They must be staked and in place before the first horse is on course and will be check by security 30 minutes prior to the start of Cross-Country. Tents with logos and banners are NOT allowed. All logoed, improperly placed or non-staked tents will be removed.
- Gates open at 6 a.m. Tailgaters are WELCOMED AND ENCOURAGED to come early. Traffic can be very heavy on Cross-Country day so please schedule your travel time accordingly.
- For YOUR safety and the safety of our ATHLETES, you must be parked in your designated spot by 7 a.m. and your vehicle must remain parked until AFTER the last horse has completed Cross-Country. Your vehicle may not be moved throughout the day unless accompanied by event personnel and for emergency purposes only.
- No RV’s, buses or large vans including 15-passenger vans.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed in the tailgating area.
- No additional motorized vehicles allowed. This includes: golf carts, ATVs, scooters, Segways and motorcycles.
- No dogs are allowed on the Cross-Country course.
- You may bring in your own food and drink, however, no open containers or glass, please. There will be trash and recycling receptacles available for use.
- You may utilize a GAS grill but no charcoal or open flames/fires, please. There will not be any grills available; you must bring your own.
- You may not drive onto the Cross-Country Course.
- No flags or banners allowed.
- No generators please.